PHEN,Inc. © 2023 All rights reserved
PHEN Partnerships for Education, Support and Outreach (PESOs)
PESOs provide churches with the capability to host monthly prostate health educational meetings. Attendees can view and participate online in PHEN’s monthly webcasts which are broadcast from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. PESOs also include prostate cancer support group functions and planning for local community outreach activities
The meetings take place on the second Wednesday evening of each month, 5:30-8:00pm EST. Meeting are structured as follows:
5:30-6:00 pm Meet and greet, refreshments, announcements
6:00-7:00 pm PHEN webcast presentation with online audience Q&A
(This session is open to men and women)
7:00-8:00 pm Concurrent Sessions:
survivorship issues.(open to men only)
♦ Local PESOs can opt to conduct shorter concurrent sessions or adjust meeting times as required.
♦ Local PESO’s also having flexibility to schedule their meetings at different times by viewing archived PHEN webcast presentations which are hosted on PHEN’s website.
Church PESO Site Requirements and Responsibilities
1. Provide the venue for the monthly meetings, including the audio visual capability to view the webcast.
2. Assist in promoting the meetings within their church and community.
3. Provide parking and refreshments for the meetings.
PHEN Support and Responsibilities
1. Provides monthly webcast program, e-newsletter and other promotional materials.
2. Local members of the PHEN Survivorship Network assume leadership roles for both the meetings and community outreach activities. PHEN will train survivors within each church for these roles.
3. Manage all of the administrative functions associated with the PESO. Evaluation Forms will be provided for local PESOs to provide feedback on the webcast presentations.
4. Identify a medical advisor for the church PESO.